At the Secondary level the subjects offered include:
Secondary students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks. Exercise books are available at School. Parents are furnished with a booklist prior to the opening of school in September. The use of the Mead Exercise books is required. The use of correction fluid is not permitted.
PROMOTION & GRADUATION
Student promotion is based on performance and achievement. The minimum requirement is a Current Year Average of 60% with scores of 60% or higher in Mathematics and Language Arts. Grade Nine (9) students must pass a minimum of five (5) BJC subjects (including Mathematics and English at grades A-C) to qualify for promotion to Grade ten (10). Please note that students may be required to attend Summer School in order to qualify for promotion. Any student may be asked to repeat a grade level ONCE, if the required standard for promotion has not been met.
On the successful completion of Grade 12 (meeting all required standards), each student will receive a School Diploma. These are graded: Distinction (A), Special Credit (A-), Credit (B), and Pass (C). Graduation is not automatic. Students not meeting the required standard will receive a Basic Diploma (Leaving Certificate).
Requirements for participation in the Graduation Exercises include:
- A minimum Cumulative Average of 60% (Grades 11 & 12)
- Regular attendance and punctuality to school and classes
- Full preparation and participation in classes and activities
- Submission of all assignments, projects and coursework
- Attendance at external examinations
- Completion of 30 hours of community service
- Participation in at least one extra-curricular activity
- Compliance with all school rules and regulations.